Tuesday 2 February 2016

Nivea Men Post Shave Balm Review


I mentioned this in my January favourites and that I was going to do a much more in depth review of this product. If you don't know already the Nivea Men Post Shave Balm has been getting hyped about all over the YouTube and Blogging community. I heard about this from NikkieTutorials, JaclynHill and KathleenLights and I have now seen so many more people start using it. So around the middle of January I thought why not try so I decided to get some at the time it was on offer in Superdrug which I'm not 100% sure if it is now. But I got mine from Sainsbury's for £3 which is amazing becasue you get a big bottle too!

I followed what most YouTubers do and just keep rubbing it in until the product becomes tacky which then gives it the primer effect which is amazing! The added bonus is the smell yes it smells really manly but it's amazing. The Nivea Post Shave Balm is good for being a prime because it contains Glycerin which is one of the main ingredients that is put into primers. You could probably use this as an eyeshadow primer as well as a face primer.

In my opinion this is better than any primer I have tried before, I was at a trampoline park the other day and had my normal make up on just not as much and of course when you're jumping about you get sweaty and hot and I came out of there and none of my make up had moved at all, which to me is ideal and everything I want from a face primer. I can see this becoming one of my holy grail primers over any other primer that I have. At first when I tried this with my MAC Pro Longwear I thought it didn't work well with it but it turned out it was the brush. This goes on so smoothly over the top of the post shave balm which I put over the top of MAC Strobe Cream. I have the sensitive one so if you have sensitive skin then this is probably the best for you but obviously it works different on all skin types.

If you're wanting a different primer or a new one then I 100% recommend this if anyone asks me now for any primer recommendations then I will be telling them about this, I can only sing this product praises. It's also a bonus that the money which people would spend on a high end primer you can get something just as good or even better 10 times cheaper. It is also cheaper than most drug store primers and you get a lot for your money, so if it works for you it's a win win situation.

Have you tried Nivea Post Shave Balm? What do you think? Let me know in the comments!

Until Next Time,

Paige x

No comments:

Post a Comment